Join us at What Ability Day Sydney
Our What Ability Day is a disability inclusive event to meet your local athletes. We’re inviting people living with a disability, and their families, to join us at the stadium for the ultimate day with games, dancing and fun on the field! Volunteer’s role on the day will include packing event bags, face painting and joining in on the fun (eg assisting with games on the field like ball toss or kick the goal).
- Please arrive at VAILO Community Centre (GIANTS HQ, 1 Olympic Blvd, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127) at 9am for the official volunteer briefing. We ask that you stay for the duration of the event which concludes at 1pm.
- Please wear activewear. You will be given a What Ability event hat to wear on the day.
- Water and snacks will be available at the event.
To attend the day you will need to complete your volunteer Working with Children’s Check NSW. This takes 15 minutes and can be done online on your mobile at www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-for-a-working-with-children-check.
When you apply for the Volunteer NSW WWCC you do not need an additional National Police Check.
You will need to submit four ID documents. At least one of your documents must contain your signature and photo.
This can be your:
- one commencement of identity document
- one primary use in the community document
- 2 secondary use in the community documents.
We can’t wait to see you there!